Why would a Scientologist’s view of current events matter to you?
To answer that question, let’s first take a look at a basic premise of Scientology:
I was first introduced to Scientology in 1973. The information I studied at that time answered several important questions for me. Each person’s experience with Scientology is very personal and very subjective, but for me, I really wanted to know where certain fears, inhibitions and compulsions came from. More importantly, could one get rid of them?
I considered it a big plus that I didn’t have to “believe” anything. I simply studied and applied…and I was more than satisfied with the results.
Over the years I’ve received Scientology counseling and I’ve trained to be a Scientology counselor. I’ve counseled many others using the various Scientology techniques. Directly and indirectly I’ve helped thousands of people improve their lives.
Having been helped on a personal basis by Scientology is very satisfying.
Having helped so many others is even more satisfying.
My personal understanding of why Scientology is an applied religious philosophy is simply this:
Scientology addresses you as a spiritual being. You are not a mere collection of molecules. You are NOT a body. You are also NOT your brain or even your mind. You are a spiritual being with enormous capabilities. Scientology helps you tap those capabilities.
The application of Scientology has helped people in many areas of life. Here are just a few:
1) Restoring the love and excitement to a marriage.
2) Helping children to become contributing members of the family and preparing them to meet life’s challenges.
3) Completely rehabilitating someone on drugs (alcohol, etc.).
4) Properly educating folks so that they won’t succumb to the pressure to take drugs.
5) Providing the technology of “how to study.” Despite the best intentions, our educational system is not getting it done. L. Ron Hubbard’s discoveries in this area are simple and remarkably effective.
6) L. Ron Hubbard wrote a common sense moral code entitled The Way to Happiness. Over 100 million copies have been distributed in 97 languages! More importantly, millions of people are using this book to help them make better decisions in life.
7) Enormous strides in the area of Human Rights.
8) Based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard, the Criminon program is reforming thousands of criminals in over 1,400 prisons in 23 countries. Robert F. Henderson, a Captain of the New York State Department of Correctional Services states: “The rehabilitative technology employed by Criminon offers the only truly workable means to handle the increasingly burdensome criminal populations.”
I have a good deal of experience applying the principles of Scientology to the workplace. Utilizing L. Ron Hubbard’s discoveries, I wrote the book The Small Business Success Manual. Almost 10,000 copies later, I’m proud to say the feedback has been enormously positive.
I also wrote the book When the Thrill Is Gone, again based on Mr. Hubbard’s works. If there is a relationship you’d like to improve, this book will lend a hand.
I’ve been a Scientologist for 38 years, and I’ve seen Scientology solve some of the toughest problems this world has to offer. From this experiential track, I’ll offer some observations and opinions about day-to-day events.
Sometimes I’ll just post something I found entertaining or fascinating.
And from time to time, I’ll provide some quotes from L. Ron Hubbard’s vast body of information that you can use.
The whole purpose will be on enjoying and improving life.
* axiom — an accepted general truth or principle
* secular — concerned with worldly affairs rather than spiritual ones
NOTE: Comments and feedback are welcome — see the “Comments” link below each post. Inflammatory comments, however, will be deleted.
Feel free to bookmark this post